[IL-CNM] marketing CNM's

Katherine Puls kpuls at comcast.net
Thu Feb 15 23:12:03 CST 2007

I have heard there is a "move a foot" by the AMA to work through
state and federal laws to eleminate or severely limit the scope of
this type of clinic.     My concern is that, those limitations will
effect us even though we  chose not to function in a store front
environment.

  I am also concerned about what calibar of clinician would chose
this environment.   The salary and benefits that has been mentioned
to me in a similar phone calls is quite competitive.

It appears that policies and collaborative agreements are national
and not individualized to a specific APNs abilities, her geographical
area, or her specific clients.

My impression is that these clinics will be in areas where they can
make money not necessarily in under served areas.   They don't want
Medicaid clients or uninsured clients.

These are my impressions after talking with a recruiter. . . . . I
was curious, I am content in my small full scope midwifery private
practice in Evanston.

Kathy
Katherine S. Puls, C.N.M./A.P.N., M.S.
Certified Nurse MIdwife