[IL-CNM] First trimester genetic screening

Katherine Puls kpuls at comcast.net
Sat May 5 11:52:58 CDT 2007

Greetings everyone,

We have been promoting 1st trimester screening @ Evanston for 10
years.  We were originally part of the NIH study.  I am glad it is a
published standard of care so insurance companies will pay for
it.     Has anyone else had problems with insurance coverage?  We
don't use an informed consent for the 1st trimester or the MSAFP.
Kathy
Katherine S. Puls, C.N.M./A.P.N., M.S.
Certified Nurse MIdwife
Partners In WomenCare